Monday, January 11, 2010

First Week of diet of the New Year

2010 is starting off to a great and busy start! I completed my first week of my diet and with out adding exercise to it right off the bat, I had a much easier time maintaining one thing...exercise will begin this week or next week. The p90 is a great, great system but I realized I kind of got bored, so I researched some of my available resources and I think I am going to mix it up a bit! Jillian Michaels offers some great exercises that kick butt...so here's to hoping.
My diet was the p90 diet for the most part. I would say on average I ate between 1400-1600 calories a day. I wrote down my worst food habits....SODA, eating late, snacking, not eating breakfast, always feeling the "need" to add a starch to my dinners, grabbing take out as an easier option. So this past week, I sat down created my weekly menu and grocery list and it went pretty well. I replaced any snacks with smoothies or fruits and vegetables. I ate before 8 at night. I planned out each dinner and made the time to cook it, it was nice getting back into that habit! in place of starch, I made more vegetables and salad. I ate breakfasts. And I never felt the need to have to grab take out! I even went to a Bridal Show and really didn't let myself eat a lot- I didn't even finish my cake.

Favorite recipe of the week:
Italian Turkey Meatloaf
1 pkg of ground turkey (for the 2 of us, i cut a 1/4 of it off and used it later for turkey burgers)
chopped onions
half can of chicken broth
garlic
rosemary
salt and pepper
oregano
tomato sauce

saute onions in chicken broth
add garlic
let them turn brown, take off heat and cool a bit
take out turkey, add sauce and seasonings (I never take accurate measurements....as my mother says it- eyeball it!)
add onions (my friend mae it with mushrooms, and said it was yummy!)
form mixture into a loaf pan
Cook 450 degrees 30-45 minutes!

No comments: