Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day Four

Day Four...well it didn't come as early as the other days, which was nice, but in the end I have to say I liked the structure of waking up early- I ate on time, worked out early, etc. Today I woke up at 7 and went back to bed til about 9:30 then woke up and worked on stuff around the house (the ugly choas of a house that it is right now due to moving), watched 90210 reruns (the REAL 90210 thank you) made a baby blanket for the one of a million baby showers I will have coming up, all boys might I add...another close friend of mine found out today that she is having a BOY! (in our little group we have approx 4 boys under the age of 3 with 3 more coming!) Then I did my workout...

I incorporated the Ab Ripper 100 today- which was awesome! Then I did my sculpting video. I didn't eat breakfast, but had a smoothie on the way to work at 2:30, then had cottage cheese and blueberries and a bag of almonds for my "lunch." Then dinner I had a salad with romaine, arugula, turkey, swiss, carrots and green bean with feta cheese crumbles and balsamic ving and OH MY GOSH the texture of the feta and the crunchiness of the carrots could almost replace most cravings!

Working the 3 shift is brutal. Not because of the 3-11 factor, but I have to pop popcorn, make fresh baked otis Spunkmeyer cookies...the popcorn used to get me and now after I have been making it so much this week (usually i don't do it) pouring the butter (aka pure lard) into the pan pretty much guarantees that I will shine away from any popcorn made in those cute lil machines because that lard is what I have on my backside right now that burns on every workout and will hopefully go away....or so I hope. My sister gave me some enlightning tidbits of info- that you should eat the amount of calories plus a zero that you want to weigh. So if I wanted to weigh 110, I should eat 1,100 calories...pretty neat!?

Notes on yesterday's diet- these salads I have been eating are awesome. I really spent a minor fortune on produce (well like $50 probably) and I experiment with different vegetables, greens and meats and it really does full me up. I was going to pre make a chicken dish and bring it to work but the thought of nuking it in the microwave made me wanna puke, so adding more meat to the salad was perfect. My sister also told me that Publix has protein powder (which so does this fitness package I am doing, but its expensive for two people) in the vanilla flavor for $10 that pretty much fills her up. After working out the other morning and seeing that eggs was my meal and I couldn't stomach that....I think I will stick to these smoothies in the morning to jump start my day. I am actually looking forward to having a structured routine in the mornings, not working this morning threw me all off! Oh well, I guess at this stage of the game it's all about figuring out what works before this strutured routine begins in a week and a half.

I am really happy so far with this program. I am excited every day to work out and do my diet. I am thinking of incorporating the Hip Hop Abs into the week!? We will see...

Four Days Down 86 to go...

No comments: