Monday, August 17, 2009

Day One

Workout Notes:
Woke up at 5:10 after letting my alarm snooze for one ten minute session and contemplating sleeping in. By the time that I fed my animals (and yes its plural, we run a farm at the Tipton/DuBois house!) and walked the dog, it was 5:40 so was only able to do half of the work out before having to get ready for work and out the dor by 6:30. But in that 20 minute workout, I did about 15 different routines- plank, downward dog, twisting lunges, jab and hoking, kicks, lunges, running, jumping and oh did I mention lunges? It was intense. I felt like I was going to puke, but a good puke. It was a fun chalenge walking up ad down the stairs getting ready for work after that!
Once I got to work this energy kicked in and I was actually standing there doing my kicks! As the day dragged on, I was getting more and more anxious to come home and redo the video. I got home and completed it. Some of the moves I have to admit I felt like a complete idiot, but did my best to complete the workout, I figure it may take me a week or so to be a MASTER...but all in all it was really enjoyable and I can already feel the burn.

Diet:
Breakfast: Strawberry and soy milk smoothie
Snack: almonds
Lunch: Spinach and turkey salad with cucumbers, carrots and mushrooms
Snack: Cottage Cheese and blueberries
Dinner: Seared Tuna steak with steamed bok choy and soy sauce
Cheats:
I gave in and added 1 cream and 1 splenda to my coffee. I am not supposed to have coffee with cream or sugar, just black. Um, yeah right. I can't drink it that way and I am not able to wake up at 5 am and not have coffee....so oh well.

At the end of the day, I have a lot of energy but I am tired from being up early. And the first six days of this diet lack carbs, so I am kinda hungry but other than that I am good to go and looking forward to Day Two...

4 comments:

Herrington Photography said...

So you've inspired me to start a blog for my training too. I started it last night and wanted to let you know. I'm not posting it on FB like you did (I'm not that bold) but I'll tell you and a few girlfriends about it...so they can keep me in check. So here it is: www.couchtohalfmarathon-bethany.blogspot.com

So you run a farm at your place. Some days I think we do too...and we only have 1 cat and 2 (big) dogs. Throw an almost 5 year old in there and it feels like a zoo most days.

Tiffany Marie said...

Oh good for you Bethany! I like it because it really does keep me accountable...I didn't blog last night because I was in bed by 8:45 reading! ha ha! You are definitely more bold than me to do a marathon!

Oh my gosh, well first off last year we got a hamster (my boyfriend has a three year old) who after a few months died (before he turned three) so I freaked out thinking he would be extremely upset and not understand it so I found a replacement, and got a friend to distract him. Well both of them died- so we killed three in um 2 weeks I think! Now we have a Robo hamster- cutest thing, but he's literally faster than anything and doesn't really play, so now we have two in two separate cages. Then we have a rabbit- Bella and a dog Rylee who is all of ten pounds...I would love a big dog, but maybe in a few years!

Good luck and we will keep up with each other!

Herrington Photography said...

Did I see that you are reading the Sookie Stackhouse series (maybe on facebook)? I'm still reading the Twilight series, but another friend loves the SS series. I thought about trying them next. I hope you were reading for fun and not school (just yet)!

And, it's NOT a marathon. Are you crazy? It's a half marathon. I've done one before, but I was injured and didn't train as much as I'm planning to this time. Hoping really to just beat my time from the last one, that's all.

Tiffany Marie said...

Yes I am reading Sookie Stackhouse...I LOVE Trueblood on HBO-which is based on the series. Its a little more out there (that's why its on HBO) than Twilight, but all the same I love them both!

Marathon, Half marathon, still better than anything I coulod commit to! Go for it!!!!