Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Two

Day Two was great, I felt happy with the day when I was in bed by 8:45 and asleep by 9:30! Alarm went off at 5 am and yesterday's workout was all about sculpting- with once again the infamous lunges, squats and more lunges. It was a great little workout. The resistant band that I use as my weights do make some of the upper lifts, like the swimmer's lift where you stand on the middle of the band lift up to your shoulders corkscrew and up over your head...sounds easy, well it's not, ok! But with time I know that I will do it.

The diet has been ok. Again, there isn't any carbs associated with the first six days and for someone that loves pasta (even though I have been using whole wheat lately) and bread no carbs is hard! I have been very domesticated in packing our lunches each night which consist of a AM snack, salad with meat (lean deli meat, shrimp or tuna) and a afternoon snack (cottage cheese, fruit, almonds). We drink a TON of water, I think I traded the sweet tea for water (gosh how I miss my sweet tea now) I think I have been drinking approximately 4-5 bottles, which is a lot for me because I would usually average maybe 1-2 a day. So that is good. It really is amazing how your body works and you can feel clean. Typically at this fabulous time of the month, I am overly bloated and gross and its not like that at all, probably because I haven't given into the chocolate and cheeseburger cravings? I did add brown rice to our dinner, it said to add 100 calories for my weight anyway and Steve went without eating anything all day and the accompying vegetable was brussel sprouts, which I knew that we would not really like. Dinner was grilled chicken with rosemary and garlic and then the rice and brussel sprouts. The night before our greens were bok choy steamed, which I really liked. I would replace brussel sprouts with the bok choy any day....heck I would trade the brussel sprouts for just about anything!

I am anxiously awaiting Day 21, I read that by then you should be able to start noticing a drastic difference. This week was an easy week to start, next week add in softball starting (no not me, I am just a cheerleader), two night classes and did I mention WE ARE MOVING? Then the following week I start interning, with classes, softball on Mondays & Wednesdays, oh and working at some point during the week, so by DAY 21 this will be a lot more challenging...but I think doing it in the manner in which I am- trying my hardest, waking up when I am tired, listening to my body, following the diet and being straight forward and honest with myself and whoever is interested by keeping myself accountable (thanks Bethany for pointing that one out!) through this blog, is really going to help motivate me to move closer to DAY 90 and on to P90X!

Two Days Down, 88 to go!

No comments: