Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Three

My alarm went off at a glorious 4:50- but at the point I had slept for 7 hours...so I jumped out of bed after hitting snooze twice and went on with my cardio workout- aka sweat your but off (and gone hopefully) video. I love this video because it incorporates so many different motions...your constantly moving and "burning calories" as they say throughout to motivate ya. I noticed a HUGE difference in my confidence in doing the different moves, I mean granted nobody is watching me you still feel like an idiot leaping side to side and doing prayer squats! There are these "hook, upper cut" stances that you twist as you do it and I really couldn't get the full four part motion down to how the girls on the video do it but today I felt a little less idiotic! SO that's good. The workout went by quickly, I lost a lot of sweat so I was happy. This workout leaves me feeling like I am gonna get sick though....for probably about twenty minutes afterward. But my mom always used to say "A LITTLE PAIN FOR A LITTLE BEAUTY," I would like to rephrase that to "A LITTLE PAIN FOR A LITTLE BOOTY!"

Diet:
Am: I was supposed to have three egg whites with one reg egg mixed together with spinach and feta cheese in a omelet and after the workout was done, eating was the very last thing on my mind. So I opted for a smoothie instead and this is a great recipe: 4 ounces Silk lite soy milk, small handfull of blueberries and three sliced up strawberries, a few ice cubes blended together makes a great shake!

My AM snack: almonds (Target has the 100 calorie packs!)
Lunch: spinach, arugula, sliced celery, sliced carrots, diced green pepper with 4 ounces of turkey, I added one slice of baby swiss cheese sliced up with balsamic ving

PM Snack: Cottage Cheese with raspberries

Dinner: tilapia

Oh the soreness of day three. Yesterday it was my rib cage and quads, today its the arms- I swear I have muscle aches where I didn't know there was muscle! Which you know is a good thing because I would love to be all beefy...well a cute, tiny beefy!

I think I may even try doing the AB Ripper 100 when I get home...it's included in the Sweat Cardio Phase 1 & 2 but this week I am supplementing that with the other cardio video...we will see. I need to get this little (well big) tummy tightened! Then maybe if the results are showing well enough by Day 30, I might be willing to post my Day One pics- and let me tell you they are awful!!!!!!! The pictures certainly wake me up in the morning as my internal motivation to loose this nasty weight!

Steve is so great about it. I think I really for a long time was in denial that i was on the track of gaining weight. I knew what and when I was eating was not healthy. I knew I had zero desire to go exercise (everything I did was outside and in this 110 degree weather, you have to be kidding! Oh and I don't do gyms- yes I am a germa phobe and well your sweat on the machine I am about to go use is disgusting, regardless of how fat I felt I really had no desire to goto a gym) but I had so many other things to deal with- running a household (STEVEN, cooking, cleaning, organizing, paying bills, etc), classes, homework, exams, observation hours, family, friends...besides I had quit smoking and within my mind that was all the excuse I needed to eat something or drink (um Starbucks lattes are like 1,000 calories, but oh so delicious, or as Steve & Steven say "Deliciouso!"). Well there just came a day, like the day I decided to quit smoking where I was seeing numerous posts on Facebook (NICOLE!!!!) and hearing about it and seeing it online- and in my truest fashion I researched and read and watched success stories on You Tube. There was one home video that was posted by herself, not from the company, where she literally showed snippets of her workouts and then pictures of her body changing and by the end I was almost crying- she literally was like over 200 pounds and now she is tall and slender and looks GORGEOUS in a bikini! I knew if she could do it, I could definitely do it- because I was not yet to that extreme point (and God help me if I ever did!). So I ordered it and just started being honest with myself and the things I don't like. Steve and I were doing our measurements and some of them weren't too far apart from each other and here I am with a measuring tape having him help me measure this ugliness, the man I love and would hope to feel beautiful around...and in that kind of moment you really can't help but feel vulnerable and embarassed. It was a COME TO JESUS moment. I had mentioned something about how he could still find me pretty and he said I could gain 100 pounds, shave my head (ala Britney) and he would still love me....so if he is not my own blessing from God, I don't know what is.

Now, I am probably making myself seem like I am the 200 pound girl and I know I am not. But I am all of 5' tall so the weight that I am at looks even worse on me then it would on anyone else...so at this point in the game (yes it is a game- there are obstacles- Starbucks, McDonald's fries, ice cream, candy and potato chips that you have to overcome and fight to win, so it is a game) that is just something else I will use as motivation!

THREE DAYS (almost- it's only 8:25) DOWN and 87 to go!

2 comments:

Herrington Photography said...

Way to go. You mentioned that you can't wait for day 21....well I've always heard that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. So here's to hoping that by day 21 (as hard as it will be with everything that will be going on at that time) it will be a true habit.

I'm impressed at your diet. I would like to think I could pack a good/healthy lunch like you are the night before, but I never have. Maybe I should try....

Then dinner, it seems like what you've listed thus far is stuff I don't eat and therefore don't know how to cook. Does the diet plan gives recipes too?

Keep it up. I DO want to see those before pictures - when you are ready to share because you will have success!

Tiffany Marie said...

Go to beachbody.com it's a great website you can join for free for some stuff and then like $3 a week and it gives day by day step by step diet plans, recipes and the best part is organized shopping lists!

Granted it's not fun to get up and make a meal after cooking and cleaning dinner but it helps immensely both health and money wise!

I am gonna join your blog and I will keep you updated on my pics LOL!